The 2018 “ABCs of School Choice” Features You Need to Know
If you care about school choice policies, our flagship publication will make your job easier. Order your free print copy below.
Which 2018 ABCs of School Choice features do you need to know about? We shared them with you in the short demo below. Check them out, and don’t forget to pre-order your free print copy.
The ABCs of School Choice is a comprehensive guide to every private school choice program in America.
- at-a-glance definitions for all different school choice program types
- longitudinal charts showing the growth of private school choice nationwide since 1990
- private school choice program profiles for every single state with education savings accounts (ESAs), school vouchers, tax-credit scholarships and/or individual education tax credits or deductions
School choice program profiles include:
- official program names, enacted dates, launched dates and quick description
- up-to-date breakdowns of student funding and eligibility as defined in statute
- actionable recommendations—curated by EdChoice’s team of experts—that will ultimately improve the efficacy of each program.
- program fast facts
- governing statues
- program rules and regulations
- charts showing program participation numbers over time
- unique short links to program pages on EdChoice’s website, which are kept updated in real time all year long.
The best feature for policymakers in 2018?
We organized school choice program profiles by their color-coded program type, rather than alphabetically by state to make it easier for policymakers to compare their states’ programs with other similar policies across the country. Comparing Arizona’s ESA to Tennessee’s ESA, for instance, is quick and convenient.
Need to find all of your state’s programs quickly? Reference our State Index.
And once you’ve taken a deep dive into the program profiles, don’t forget our ABCs also feature legal history and tables that sort programs by regulatory categories.
(Hey, we warned you it was comprehensive.)
Note: All of the information featured in our ABCs of School Choice is available and kept updated in real time on our website. If you’re looking for a web version of our ABCs of School Choice, we encourage you to start with our School Choice in America Dashboard, an interactive map and data dashboard you can sort and download. You can even click through to your specific state and school choice program pages, get our EdChoice Expert Feedback and more. Click here to start exploring.