Position Summary: The Donor Relations Associate is responsible for coordinating and growing the development activities for EdChoice. Responsibilities include the donor acknowledgement process, the direct-mail and email fundraising programs, overseeing the grants calendar, and assisting in the development of fundraising collateral. The Donor Relations Associate will work closely with program staff to foster a healthy development culture at EdChoice through frequent communication between program and fundraising staff. The position reports directly to the Vice President of Development.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure that all development systems operate efficiently and effectively, including the management and use of Salesforce, including data entry and report generation.
- Coordinate with vendors and contractors to execute both a renewal mail program and a direct-mail prospecting program.
- Manage the gift acknowledgement process for donations with Office Manager.
- Coordinate with Office Manager on major donor entry, acknowledgement, and records.
- Support EdChoice donor clubs, including special mailings, briefings, fulfilling premiums, and coordinating with other development team members on upgrade strategies for donor club members.
- Coordinate with vendors, contractors and internal communications team to assist in the development and creation of development promotional materials, including the annual report, planned giving pamphlets, quarterly newsletter and other publications.
Grants and Reporting
- Maintain and oversee comprehensive grants calendar that manages reporting and renewing schedules for foundation donors.
- Assist in the composition of grant proposals and applications, managing the grant solicitation and approval process.
- Assist in tracking and fulfilling conditions of restricted donations and grants.
- Coordinate reporting for Board of Directors meetings.
- Manage relationships with approximately 200 existing mid-level donors primarily through phone and email communication or in-person as needed.
- Identify major individual prospective donors and work to set up meetings between the prospects and appropriate Development staff.
- Support the President, Vice President of Development, and other fundraising team members in development efforts as needed.
- Work closely with program staff to foster a healthy development culture and good communication.
Qualifications and Skills
- Two to four years of relevant fundraising or nonprofit experience
- Compatibility with EdChoice mission
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent writing, speaking and customer service skills
- Familiarity with Salesforce data entry and data management preferred
- Ability to design, structure and implement individual donor plans
- Knowledge of direct mail process
- Experience working with and managing vendors and contractors
- Preferred location in or near Indianapolis
- Willing to travel, not more than 10%
- Some night and weekend work could be necessary
Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter detailing interest in and support of educational choice and joining EdChoice to carey@EdChoice.org by May 24, 2023.
EdChoice is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization dedicated to advancing full and unencumbered educational choice as the best pathway to successful lives and a stronger society. EdChoice believes that families, not bureaucrats, are best equipped to make K-12 schooling decisions for their children. The organization works at the state level to educate diverse audiences, train advocates and engage policymakers on the benefits of high-quality school choice programs. EdChoice is the intellectual legacy of Milton and Rose D. Friedman, who founded the organization in 1996.
EdChoice, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, or any status protected by law, in any of its activities or operations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, subcontractors, and partners.