- School Choice
- Who We Are
- What We Do
EdChoice, a national nonprofit organization that promotes state-based educational choice programs, is seeking a Graphic Designer to join its communications team. The Graphic Designer will design research reports, craft compelling visuals for social media campaigns, create engaging graphics and ads, edit short form videos for social media, and produce visually appealing one-pagers.
The successful candidate will have a keen eye for detail, is passionate about innovative design, and can effectively communicate complex information through visually captivating mediums.
Work with communications and other EdChoice departments to design and produce publications and print materials including but not limited to:
• Design and produce flagship publications.
• Design and produce research reports and briefs.
• Produce visually pleasing one-pagers that distill complex information into concise and visually appealing formats.
Web and Social Media
Collaborate with communications team, other EdChoice departments, and partner organizations to create content for the web and social media.
• Design collateral for EdChoice events, trainings and conferences.
• Create graphics and ads for social media platforms that align with brand guidelines and resonate with the target audience.
• Design visually engaging graphics that effectively communicate data and information to diverse audiences.
• Edit short-form videos (reels, TikToks, YouTube Shorts) for various social media platforms, ensuring they are engaging, visually captivating, and align with brand identity.
• Maintain and organize EdChoice photo library.
• Assist in maintaining EdChoice inventory and archive.
• Respond to requests for design for various projects, including EdChoice collateral.
• Design PowerPoint presentations consistent with EdChoice branding.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand project requirements, timelines, and deliver design solutions that meet objectives.
• Stay updated on design trends and best practices in graphic design, social media, and video editing to enhance the quality and creativity of deliverables.
• Contribute to the development and maintenance of brand guidelines, ensuring consistency across all design projects.
Skills and Experience
• Accredited degree in graphic design or equivalent experience of 2–3 years in a graphic design role.
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite programs.
• Proficient in Canva.
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
• Strong skills in designing accurate graphs and charts for technical publications.
• Strong experience executing complete production process.
• Experience in producing print-ready files, coordinating with printers, and approving print proofs.
• Solid understanding of social media platforms and their requirements for effective visual communication.
• Video and audio editing experience a plus, but not required.
• Compatibility with EdChoice mission and strong commitment to maintaining EdChoice brand.
• Detail-oriented, problem solver with strong skills in conceptual thinking.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team while managing multiple graphic design projects simultaneously.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Flexible, adaptable, able to work on multiple projects at once.
• Good organization and communication skills.
• Must have a positive attitude and a willingness to work with others.
Indianapolis area preferred, but exceptional remote candidates will be considered.
Applicants should submit a resume, cover letter detailing interest in joining EdChoice, and 1-2 work samples or link to design portfolio to email@example.com by December 4, 2023.
EdChoice is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization dedicated to advancing full and unencumbered educational choice as the best pathway to successful lives and a stronger society. EdChoice believes that families, not bureaucrats, are best equipped to make K-12 schooling decisions for their children. The organization works at the state level to educate diverse audiences, train advocates and engage policymakers on the benefits of high-quality school choice programs. EdChoice is the intellectual legacy of Milton and Rose D. Friedman, who founded the organization in 1996.
EdChoice, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, or any status protected by law, in any of its activities or operations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, subcontractors, and partners.