POSITION: Operations Coordinator
PURPOSE: Support Operations team by coordinating various aspects of organization operations and administration; including human resources support, compliance and tracking, and basic bookkeeping. Work closely with the Vice President of Operations and Controller on organization, records, and processes.
SUPERVISED BY: Vice President of Operations
Human Resources Support and Engagement
- Post employment opportunities and track responses.
- Coordinate review of candidate applications.
- Organize new employee orientation and materials.
- Support logistics for employee on-boarding and off-boarding.
- Assist with employee records management.
- Plan organization meetings and events.
- Gather and organize content for bi-monthly employee e-newsletter.
- Assist in developing and socializing policies and procedures as needed.
Compliance, Tracking, Record-Keeping
- Provide support to Vice President of Operations to ensure staff are meeting compliance and tracking requirements for lobbying.
- Assist with organizing and maintaining lobbying registration, records and filings to ensure legal and organizational requirements are met.
- Assist with preparing and assembling materials for the semi-annual Board of Directors meetings.
- Process EdChoice grants to partners.
- Ensure compliance with grant application requirements.
- Coordinate payment and reporting.
- Assist with training staff in adhering to processes and requirements.
- Update processes as needed.
- Enter expense check payments in Quickbooks.
- Use budgets to track expenses to proper accounts and programs.
- Assist with tracking and compliance for restricted grants.
- Assist Controller with tracking employee monthly credit card expense reports, including timely submission of reports and receipts and proper coding.
- Assist Controller with filing annual IRS Form 1099’s, including obtaining a Form W9 for all required vendors and independent contractors to ensure proper documentation.
- File expense payments and other documents as needed.
- Organize and problem-solve to promote efficiency and smooth operations.
- Work with team to devise cost-cutting strategies for the organization.
- Support internal controls and identify areas of improvement.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 5-10 years experience in office operations and functions
- Proven experience working on multiple projects with a high degree of professionalism
- Skilled in Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and other Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with various software and platforms preferred
- Nonprofit experience a plus
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent experience
- Compatibility with EdChoice mission
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Flexible, adaptable, able to work on multiple projects at once
- Positive self-starter who can work independently but also enjoys collaboration
- Attentive to details
- Strong written and verbal communicator
- Ability to interpret and communicate policies and procedures
- High degree of trust to manage confidential data and documentation
- Outgoing, friendly, diplomatic, ability to be neutral
- Based in Central Indiana
Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter detailing interest in and support of educational choice and joining EdChoice to carey@EdChoice.org
EdChoice is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization dedicated to advancing full and unencumbered educational choice as the best pathway to successful lives and a stronger society. EdChoice believes that families, not bureaucrats, are best equipped to make K-12 schooling decisions for their children. The organization works at the state level to educate diverse audiences, train advocates and engage policymakers on the benefits of high-quality school choice programs. EdChoice is the intellectual legacy of Milton and Rose D. Friedman, who founded the organization in 1996.
EdChoice, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, or any status protected by law, in any of its activities or operations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, subcontractors, and partners.