Position: Parent Engagement Manager
Purpose: Support the Outreach team to build, develop, and support our parent engagement and outreach efforts through launching our Parent Corps network as well as connecting parent advocates to national and state partners to advance our policy and advocacy work.
Description: Coordinate and manage EdChoice Parent Corps as well as national and state-based trainings, briefings, and events related to Parent Corps. Cultivate, build, and sustain relationships with external national and state-based partner organizations. Manage national and state-level sponsorships related to parent engagement. Manage tracking program metrics within Salesforce, follow-up and contact lists as well as some budget areas. Manage requests from internal partners, external national and state partners, legislators, parents and other allies. Supervise Parent Corps Ambassadors and Parent Outreach contractors.
Focus: Train and equip parents and parent ambassadors to better understand and pursue unencumbered educational choice and help prepare them with skills and resources necessary to be successful. Build sustainable relationships with national and state partners.
Supervised by: Vice President of Outreach
Supervisees: Parent Corps Ambassadors, Parent Contractors, Vendors
Parent Corps and Parent Engagement Trainings, Events and Briefings
Plan and conduct training and engagement activities for parents and their influencers.
- Work directly with Vice President of Outreach, as well as the Communications Team to launch EdChoice Parent Corps and to develop and implement other parent related outreach programs.
- Work directly with Policy & Advocacy, Research & Thought Leadership, and Training teams to compile a list of potential parents from key states to engage and invite to participate in Parent Corps convenings.
- Develop, manage, and produce Parent Corps and parent engagement related event websites and other event logistics and materials such as event attendee lists, emails, post event surveys, etc.
- Liaise with hotel or venue staff regarding schedule overview, deadlines, comprehensive event needs such as rooming lists, parking, BEOs, AV orders, payments, etc. for Parent Corps and Parent engagement related events.
- Assist Parent Corps Ambassadors with the planning and facilitation of Ambassador-led engagement activities.
- Set up and manage virtual platform (Slack, etc.) for Parent Corps participants to build community and provide a quick way to disseminate communication and resources to participants.
- Compile evaluation analysis and feedback of Parent Corps related events for internal reporting.
- Collect and report metrics for Parent Corps events, briefing and training for internal partners and board of directors (via board report).
Partnership Building, Outreach and Relationship Management
Develop and implement a plan of activities to increase the number parents engaging with state partners around educational opportunity.
- Manage and implement sponsorship opportunities related to parent engagement or hosted by parent advocacy/organizing organizations.
- Coordinate with internal teams to confirm details of various sponsorships, including internal follow-up on sponsorship level/amount, EdChoice attendees, booth needs, and logo and ad deadlines.
- Communicate with attendees post-event, sharing links to event resources, answering questions, connecting them with new resources, and providing materials and forms.
- Maintain completion log for accurate event reporting.
- Schedule, calendar, complete and report on quarterly partner post-event check-ins.
- Manage and fulfill parent engagement related requests from state groups and individuals, such as sending materials, reports and handouts from previous events or connecting to parents to speak at partners events.
- Assist in the logistics of the EdChoice Parent Corps Ambassadors program, including collecting, coding and delivering all event travel reimbursement forms with receipts for payment to controller, including completing payments and reimbursements for all Ambassador program speaking engagements and direct follow-up with Ambassadors regarding missing information and receipts.
- Collect and update Parent Ambassador contacts in Salesforce, including managing Engagements.
Supervise Parent Corps Ambassadors and Parent Outreach contractors.
- Train, support, and oversee activities of Parent Corps Ambassadors and Outreach contractors in support of overall individual, team, and organization-wide metrics and goals.
- Ensure Ambassadors and Contractors meets their contracted metrics and review those metrics regularly.
- Regularly evaluate Ambassador and Contractor work quality and effectiveness.
Manage budget categories within the Training and Outreach budget as well as various line items and categories in other cross-team budgets.
- Manage various budgeted Training, Outreach, and Policy & Advocacy events and sponsorships.
- Review cross-team budget categories monthly to ensure budget adherence, proper schedule implementation, internal coding and on-time payment of invoices and report budget spends to internal partners.
- Manage promotional item budget categories – oversee approved amounts, ensure budget adherence and liaise with related vendors for shipments and reorder needs.
Metric Tracking and Information Management
Facilitate the understanding and dissemination of information related to EdChoice metrics and programs to internal teams and the board of directors.
- Collect, record, and report event result metrics for grant reports and biannual board reports.
- Ensure timely, accurate input of EdChoice event campaigns, sponsorships, booth engagements, and Parent Corps Ambassador data into Salesforce, including engagement details for each Ambassador’s panel or speech for EdChoice hosted and reimbursed events.
- Manage and maintain Parent Corps collateral pieces via online portal.
- Communicate with internal teams and external vendors regarding relationship, new promo orders, updates to portal, and direct shipment of exhibitor booth materials to destination city for conferences.
- Track the dissemination of collateral materials, including working with the Training and Communications teams to collate inventory.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience planning high-quality national and state events
- Experience working with community or parent groups
- Proven experience working on multiple projects with a high degree of professionalism
- Personnel management experience preferred
- Nonprofit or legislative experience a plus
- Skilled in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and other Microsoft Office applications
- Metric tracking and Salesforce experience preferred
- Cvent or similar event platform management system experience preferred
- Compatibility with EdChoice mission
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attentive to details
- Positive self-starter who can work independently but also enjoys collaboration
- Flexible, adaptable, able to work on multiple projects at once and prioritize accordingly
- Outgoing, friendly, diplomatic and a good communicator
- Willingness to travel but preferred location based in Central Indiana
Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter detailing interest in and support of educational choice and joining EdChoice to carey@EdChoice.org by May 24, 2023.
EdChoice is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization dedicated to advancing full and unencumbered educational choice as the best pathway to successful lives and a stronger society. EdChoice believes that families, not bureaucrats, are best equipped to make K-12 schooling decisions for their children. The organization works at the state level to educate diverse audiences, train advocates and engage policymakers on the benefits of high-quality school choice programs. EdChoice is the intellectual legacy of Milton and Rose D. Friedman, who founded the organization in 1996.
EdChoice, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, or any status protected by law, in any of its activities or operations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, subcontractors, and partners.