How to join the FRIEDMAN LEGACY SOCIETY
Milton and Rose Friedman Legacy Society members can remember EdChoice in their estate plans—and leave a lasting legacy for educational freedom—in several different ways:
- Make a bequest gift to EdChoice. In your will, leave a donation to EdChoice in a particular dollar amount, a percentage of your estate, or a particular asset. While most bequests are funded with cash, you may also choose to make a tax-saving estate gift of stock, real or personal property, stock options, or savings bonds.
- Designate EdChoice as a beneficiary. EdChoice can be named the beneficiary of a life insurance policy or retirement plan.
- Give a gift to EdChoice from your retirement plan today. EdChoice can receive gifts directly from a retirement account such as a 401k or IRA. As an added benefit, donors 70 years and older can give up to $100,000 annually in gifts from tax-deferred retirement accounts which count towards required minimum distributions.
- Establish a charitable trust. EdChoice is equipped to be the beneficiary of a charitable trust which bequeaths funds to heirs in a tax-efficient manner while leaving a legacy of educational freedom with EdChoice.
Legacy society members receive:
- recognition on a special engraved plaque at EdChoice headquarters,
- framed Friedman Legacy Society certificate,
- invitations to special EdChoice events, and
- special recognition in EdChoice publications and on our website (with your permission).
Vice President of Development
111 Monument Circle, Suite 2650
Indianapolis, IN 46204